During the weekend, I met with individual and was asked, “Lai, I know everyone needs to have a CV. Why it’s important to keep our CVs updated?”.
This is great question. Here I would like to share 8 reasons why your CV is important:
- Help market yourself by highlighting your experience, skills and qualifications
- Identify weakness in your technical skills that allows you to further improve
- Great reminder of your career achievements especially if you have been working for many years
- Measurement tool for you to compare your job responsibilities and accomplishments year by year if you are improving and bringing values
- Improve your writing skills especially when you are updating your CV regularly
- Set targets for your future career growth as your CV can be used as a career development tool
As you can see, your CV can be used in many different areas beside being used to apply jobs.
When you start updating your CV “consistently”, you will experience the “positive impact” to your career.
The saying goes, “we become what we want to be by being consistent everyday”.
Have a great day ahead everyone.
Please like and share this post.
#CV #writeup #consistent #career #jobseekers #jobs #btcmalaysia #btcrecruitment